PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.10.2013

Spooky Service and Pumpkin Parables for your family!

 Hello friends!  How are you all doing?!  We are enjoying our first day of Fall Break.  And by enjoying I MIGHT mean just barely surviving ;)  Honestly, the kids have been a little stir-crazy today, and I am hoping tomorrow the weather is nicer so we can get out of the house!  

Today I wanted to quickly share with you 3 things we have done at our home around Halloween to serve others and learn some important lessons.  I love holiday activities that are not only fun for the kids...but help make lasting memories and strengthen our family!

The first activity we have done is a great service project if you have any new neighbors in your area!  We called it "Welcome to the Neigh-BOO-hood!" and we took around these cute ghost treats with a packet full of great info for new neighbors.  Check out the link for details HERE.


The second activity is one of my favorites!  We did a great family night called "The Parable of the Pumpkins".  This fun story talks all about two pumpkins, Perry and Patty.  One is nice and kind, and always says sorry when he makes mistakes.  The other is rude, obnoxious and never apologizes!  The kids get to take a look inside each pumpkin and see what they look like on the inside...an in turn decide how THEY want to be on the inside too :)  My kids STILL talk about this one...a great Halloween activity for sure!  Check it out with the printable story HERE.


Finally, a really fun way to throw some service into your October!  Take your kids Trick-AND-Treating!  The trick is performing an act of service...and then you leave those you served with a treat as well!  We have done this with my Young Women's group, and with my kids to neighbors or to Senior Centers.  Check out the full post HERE.

to 

There you have it...a few ways to spend some real quality time with your family and serve others around you too!  Thanks so much for stopping by Blue Skies Ahead today!

2 comments:

Casey and Ryanne

Hi! My name is Ryanne. I was searching for a fun service project for our extended family FHE this month and came across your post. I absolutely love the idea of Welcome to the Neigh"boo"hood. I've been meaning to make a template myself but haven't found any spare time. Our family is coming over this next week so I thought I would see if you would be willing to sell me the document. If not, I completely understand and will carve out some time to create my own:) In advance, thank you! Oh, and you respond by sending an email to ryerye18@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Casey and Ryanne

Hi! My name is Ryanne. I was searching for a fun service project for our extended family FHE this month and came across your post. I absolutely love the idea of Welcome to the Neigh"boo"hood. I've been meaning to make a template myself but haven't found any spare time. Our family is coming over this next week so I thought I would see if you would be willing to sell me the document. If not, I completely understand and will carve out some time to create my own:) In advance, thank you!