PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.04.2012

4th of July Flag Pancakes

 Happy, happy 4th of July everyone!!  This is one of my favorite holidays, surrounding ourselves with family, good food and love of our great country.

We kicked off our day with these fun and yummy Flag Pancakes...did you really think I could let a holiday pass without themed pancakes?! :)


Instead of doing regular pancakes like I usually do, I thought banana pancakes with the fruit and whipped cream would be delicious...I was right!! ;)

Here is the recipe I used (originally from allrecipes.com...with some adaptions by me :)

Banana Pancakes

1 C flour
1 T white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 C milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all together, batter will be slightly lumpy.  Then spray your griddle over medium high heat and cook until golden brown on both sides!

Then I layered the pancakes with strawberries and used the whipped cream to make white stripes.  Finish it off with a few blueberries in the corner and you have your very own Flag Pancakes :)

These were super yummy and easy to kick off our holiday.

I hope wherever you are, you are having a wonderful 4th of July and God Bless America!