PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.28.2012

Horton Hears a Who Activities

Hello again! :)


I wanted to share some fun Horton Hears a Who activities we did yesterday before we did our Horton-inspired fhe.


I had told the kids what book we were going to be focusing on that day, so when they got done with school and naps they knew exactly what these were supposed to be...

Oh yeah....Horton's pink clover!

These were SO easy and used stuff I already had on hand. I simply painted some thin wooden dowels green to be the stem. Then I took some small styrafoam balls and hot glued pink yarn around them. Then I stuck one end on the dowel and we had our own Pink Clovers :)


You may ask, "What do you do with a pink clover?!"

Why, you try and catch specks of course! :)


Luckily the weather was pretty nice yesterday so we went outside to see if we could catch some "specks" on our clover. I took a bottle of bubbles outside and blew to my little hearts content. The kids had a great time running around trying to catch our bubble specks on their pink clovers...you should have heard their screams when they actually did!

(Don't you love Britton's face in that picture? It's like, "Do I seriously have to hold this pink, fuzzy wand mom?!" :)






Once we were too cold to try to catch any more specks we came inside and had our Pink Clover snack.

Yep...pretty much as simple as it gets :) I used one drop of food coloring in a small container of cottage cheese and sliced 3 thin slices of celery for the stem. Here's the great part: My kids will NEVER eat cottage cheese...but once it was a fuzzy clover they gobbled it right up. The celery too! And they usually won't even touch that..even if I smother it in peanut butter! Thats one reason I love fun food...its amazing what kids will eat if it has a fun name ;)



Man, I love these kids!


Are you doing anything fun to celebrate Dr. Seuss this week? If so, please leave a comment or email me. I would love to feature some fun ideas and see what creative things you are all coming up with!




Photobucket




jdaniel4smom

4 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com

This is so cute Tonii!! I love how excited your girls are.. and your little guy cracks me up. Seems like a great day :)

Michelle

I love this! What a great idea! Pinning....

Chris

Hi Tonii, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Unknown

Ahhhhh, this is so much fun! Love, LOVE that snack!