PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.31.2012

Conversation Hearts Pancakes!

Now, I've got to warn you on this one...I think the idea is great, but the execution could be a little better :) I decided to share it anyways, hopefully someone more artistic than me could take it to the next level! ;)


Ever since I discovered putting your pancake batter in a condiment bottle to make shapes, I have been looking forward to a fun Valentines Breakfast! I decided to whip up some colored hearts and make our very own Conversation Heart Pancakes.


All I did for these was to make one batch of pancakes. I split the batter into 5 seperate bowls and added 2 drops of food coloring in each (a little bit goes a long way!) Then once it was mixed up I poured them in the condiment bottles and made up a bunch of different colored hearts.

Once they were completely cooled, I took some red frosting and wrote some little sayings on each pancake. This is where they get a little sketchy...but you get the idea!


All in all...I don't think my kids will notice that my frosting work isn't perfect or that the hearts aren't perfectly symmetrical (at least I hope they won't!!:) I think they are going to flip when they see these, hopefully its a great way to kick off our Valentines Day.





Photobucket






5 comments:

Lindsay

You know you are like the cutest, most creative mom ever! You need to stop doing that, you are putting the bar too high for the rest of us. :) No but seriously, I want to be just like you. :)

Unknown

What a great idea! They look better than anything I could do!

Michelle Paige

Your kids will LOVE them! I think they look great! Such a fun Valentine memory!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted

How lucky are your kiddos to have such a fun & creative momma?!

Love Sweet Love

Shut. UP. Those are THE cutest thing I have ever seen!!! Oh my gosh your kids are going to loooove them! Can I be a cool mom like you when I grow up?!