PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

12.21.2011

Elf Hunt!

One of our favorite holiday traditions is to go to Gardner Village and go on our annual Elf Hunt! This year we decided to go a little bit more prepared...





Big Christmas pencils tied to clipboards with the elf hunt attached...made the elf hunt MUCH more enjoyable for mom :) And yes, there is a little 2-year old in the background crying his little heart out. Should have been my first sign it wasn't going to be easy! I actually took this pic yesterday...halfway to our destination my little guy threw up everywhere! We had to reschedule our elf fun for today, but I am SO glad we did!













Even though it was freezing, we all had a fantastic time searching high and low for those silly elves! I was really proud of my kids, they had a wonderful time in spite of the cold...in fact, they didn't want to leave :)









Everyone perked right up once we went to the bakery and got some hot chocolate to warm us up!









Do you remember being little and the magic of trying to catch a snowflake on your tongue?! I am so in love with this picture.









I am so glad we were able to make it out to Gardner Village today. I kept thinking of all the things I needed to do, and how cold it was, and literally talked myself out of it 3 or 4 times. However, my love of tradition got us there, and it was truly magical. Christmas music playing, a light snow falling, the smell of hot chocolate in the air, and my kids with bright red noses and huge smiles on their faces :)


Happy Holidays everyone!

0 comments: