PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.18.2011

Caramel Apple Trifle

This may just be the perfect fall dessert...and I'll tell you why. First, its easy-peasy. If your baking skills are suspect (like mine!) you really can't go wrong. I mean, its trifle. If you layer enough yummy stuff eventually you are going to have something good! It also has great fall flavors that are fun if you feel its still a tad too early for pumpkin:) I found the original recipe HERE and made it yesterday for our family reunion. It was a hit and something I will definitely make again.


Here's your list of ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix

3 small pkgs vanilla instant pudding

6 cups milk

1 tsp apple pie spice

1 1/2 C chopped pecans

1 bottle caramel ice cream topping

2 21 oz. cans of apple pie filling

2 16 oz. containers of Cool Whip


First you need to bake your yellow cake in 2 9-inch round cake pans. While the cakes are baking you want to make your instant pudding, adding the apple pie spice while you are whisking with the 6 cups of milk.



Once your cakes are done you need to let them cool completely before cutting one to fit the bottom of your dish. I just used a big glass bowl I had, the recipe says you can use a punch bowl, trifle dish, or anything on hand.



I tell you this girl has a 6th sense about cameras! She can sense one from a mile away, come running in, and put on her best smile. Love her! :)


Once you have gracefully and artfully cut your cake to fit in the bowl (NOT!) you poke holes in it and drizzle 1/3 of the caramel topping over the cake. See...this is why I love trifle. No perfection required :)



Then you add 1/2 C of pecans and top with 1/2 the pudding mixture.



On top of the pudding you layer one can of apple pie filling and then one carton of Cool Whip on top. Then you start it all over again! I overestimated the size of this Collosal Caramel Apple Trifle so mine was completely overflowing, but I don't think that is a bad thing when it comes to Trifle :)

I just topped off my Cool Whip with the remaining pecans and caramel and then stuck it in the fridge til we were ready for it! It got rave reviews and I am excited to make it again. If you try this out, let me know if you like it! Have a great day everyone and Welcome to Fall!!!





4 comments:

Jacque

This Caramel Apple Trifle sounds delish!!! I love all kinds of trifles, but I have never heard of this one! I'll definitely have to try this out this Fall season!

I'll be my readers would love to see this. Why don't you stop by and link up at my "Sundae Shake Up" link party. It's going on right now. You may even include any other fun things that you have, if you'd like. Hope to see you there!

Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor
thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

Jacque

P.S. I'm your newest follower!

Jacki

These look delicious! I'm going to have to try some :)

Ashley

ah sounds so good....