PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7.20.2011

Beef Stir-fry the whole family will love!

This is another great recipe I found in the Body for Life cookbook, with a few little tweaks by me :) I love this recipe because it uses BEEF! I am not a huge red meat lover, but I can only handle so much chicken and I don't do fish...at all. Here's what you need to get started:


4 portions whole grain spaghetti ( about 8 ounces)

4 portions lean beef stir-fry ( about 1 lb, I get the kind all ready cut up nice and thin)

1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

3 cloves minced garlic

1 onion sliced

4 celery stalks sliced

Sugar snap peas ( any amount you want...we LOVE these so we add a ton!)

1 bag coleslaw (shredded cabbage and carrots)

1/2 C lite soy sauce


First you get your water boiling for the noodles while you are cooking the beef. I lightly spray the pan with cooking spray and then stir-fry the red pepper flakes and the garlic for about 1 minute. Then I add the beef strips to the skillet and stir-fry until no longer pink. Once you do, remove the beef from skillet and set aside.


After the steak is done you need to add all your chopped veggies and coleslaw to the skillet. I respray a little cooking spray and dump all these beauties in!



Stir fry all the veggies until they are tender and have that nice stir-fry brown color :) At the same time your noodles should be just about finished and ready to drain.
Now you can return the steak to the skillet. Add the cooked spaghetti and lite soy sauce, mix gently and heat thoroughly.


Here is the finished product...doesn't it look yummy?!


My family all gobbled it up, and I love meals that have everything in one dish: whole grains, lean meat, and lots of veggies! Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!! :)