PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.03.2010

Welcome 2010!!

I LOVE the start of a new year!! My list of resolutions is a mile long, and I can't wait to get going on them :) Somewhere towards the bottom of that list is keeping up on my blogs. Since I know I will never catch up, I am going to skip posting Christmas and all of that fun, and just start fresh again!!

I have a feeling 2010 is going to be a great year for our family. Skylar will be starting Kindergarten next year and Kendall preschool. I (for once:) have more kids out of diapers than in, WAHOO!! And maybe, just maybe, we'll start working on another addition for the family :) Big things are happening with Pauls job and its exciting to see where they may take him (and us!)

Last year I picked one word to work on for the year. It was balance, and honestly, I think I did ok. Thinking about how I was last year, and I how I am today, I DO feel more balanced. I wanted to choose another word for this year and after some experiences I had this last week it has been very obvious. And the new word is....


EMBRACE!!!

Kind of weird, right? :) But once again, I have seen firsthand how our lives pass by much too quickly. I want to look back on 2010 and KNOW that I embraced every challenge, every trial, every accomplishment that came our way. I want to feel like I treasured and embraced the mundane moments of motherhood that now can feel tedious, but that I know in my later years I will miss. I want to embrace my own personal weaknesses until I can conquer them and they become my strengths. I want to embrace my family relationships that may need a little more work, but that will be that much sweeter for it.

So on that note, since I am now "embracing" our new church time (1:00:) I'm going to go cuddle my kiddos in my bed. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Chanty Cling

What a great idea! That word is a good place to start off the new year. Just a little side note. My little family and I are going on vacation to San Diego this summer, and staying on Coronado. Whenever I think of San Diego I think of hanging out there with you. Anyways, good for you on your new resolution, and good luck.