PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.15.2008

The Great Outdoors...



As you may or may not know, we are not really outdoorsy people. Paul is more than me, but still, not so much. So I was very surprised when he said he wanted to take the girls hiking. We ended up deciding to hike something we knew would be short and easy since we figured we would be carrying our girls the whole time. We got my dad in on the fun, and Saturday morning we were off! We hiked up Bell Canyon, it is RIGHT behind and my dad's house and...It was so fun! Yeah, I am totally out of shape, but it was a blast. There was a nice breeze, and surprisingly, Skylar walked about 2/3 of the way. I was very proud of her, since she is just like me, scared of everything. Before we went I made a little book that had pages with pictures of different leaves, so we tried to find leaves and put them in the book. Skylar was really into it, and I thought it was fun too. As long as Kendall had her goldfish to eat, she was good. You just cannot go out and do something like that and NOT come away grateful for the beautiful world Heavenly Father created for us. It felt good to be active as a family too, and just get away from all the noise. So maybe there is a chance for us to become outdoorsy? We are fishing next Saturday, so we shall see! :)

2 comments:

Camille

That looks beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good time! That is a cute family picture!

Becky

We keep thinking we need to do that. Now you convinced me to set a date. :)